TrainMe provides a range of programmes through to certificate level. They are all registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). These qualifications can help open doors for you to be employed in New Zealand, your home country, or other countries around the world.
TrainMe is a division of Activate Training Centre Ltd (ATC New Zealand) which was formed in 1984. It offers a unique Christian-based environment for study. Christian values of care, honour and respect are part of our culture and are all designed to help learners excel. People of all religions and cultures are most welcome to study at TrainMe .
ATC New Zealand is a signatory to the Code of Practice.
The Code describes the minimum standards of advice and care that you can expect as an international student. It provides a complaints procedure that you can follow if you have concerns about the pastoral treatment you have received from an education provider or from the agent of a provider. The Code does not apply to concerns about academic standards. Information about the Code can be found on the NZQA website: http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/studying-in-new-zealand/coming-to-study-in-new-zealand/international-student-care/
If you are not a New Zealand or Australian citizen or permanent resident and are coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you will need a student visa or permit from New Zealand Immigration.
The New Zealand Immigration Website explains in detail the requirements and process for receiving a Student Visa.
The cost of living in New Zealand varies according to where you live. Immigration New Zealand expects you to have $15,000 per year available for living costs or $1,250 per month for short courses. Although you may be able to find part-time work in New Zealand there is a lot of competition and some cities offer more work opportunities than others. Please note also, that part-time work does not usually bring in enough money to contribute toward tuition fees or cover all your living expenses. You will be allowed to work full-time during holidays, provided your course meets the Immigration requirements. Click here for more details.
Please note all international students are required to have appropriate travel and medical insurance from the date they leave their home country until their return home on completion of study. We are able to arrange this insurance for you. If your current insurance policy does not meet the minimum requirements below, we reserve the right to insist on a new policy. If ATC issues the insurance, it will commence 10 days from the start date of the programme to cover students while travelling.
It is recommended that international students should hold insurance covering all the following aspects:
Health cover while in New Zealand
• Medical expenses incurred for the treatment of illness and/or injury (in excess of ACC cover) that requires surgery and/or hospitalisation – unlimited sum insured
• Medical evacuation related to serious illness and injuries – unlimited sum insured
• Emergency dental treatment
• Optical cover
• Costs for family members’ travel in the event that the student suffers a serious illness or injury.
Repatriation, search, and rescue
• Repatriation and expatriation in the event a student have to return home following an injury or illness which interrupts their study plans - unlimited sum insured
• Return of mortal remains/funeral expenses - including travel costs for family members, repatriation of remains, and funeral costs
• Search and rescue operation to locate the insured.
Travel into and out of New Zealand
• Missed flights or delays for travels into and out of New Zealand
• Medical expenses incurred for the treatment of an illness and injury incurred during the travel.
• Negligence causing bodily injury (including death) of another person or loss of or damage to property
• False arrest and wrongful detention.
Also, personal effects cover for laptops, expensive musical instruments, and belongings.
ATC New Zealand will arrange an appropriate insurance policy with an New Zealand provider if the student has not arranged an appropriate policy. The cost of the insurance will be detailed on the Schedule of Payment. See here for costs.
ATC New Zealand is an New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) approved provider with a Category 2 status. NZQA assesses the standard of education for tertiary education organisations through a regular system of external evaluation and review. Through periodic reviews, tertiary education organisations are held accountable to their students, employers, funding bodies, quality assurance bodies and other interested parties – see NZQA Website
We welcome enquiries from International Student Agents.
If you have a strong track record as a student agent and would like to offer Vision College courses to students you are working with, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details: